Next date: August 7th + 8th, 2015 in Karlsruhe, Germany
Abstract: This two day seminar is designed to provide an introduction into the various aspects of sanitation. Some of the focal points covered by the seminar are social and cultural differences in dealing with sanitation issues as well as various technical solutions. Through the use of case studies, typical barriers and possible solutions for project implementation are highlighted and examined.
- The case for sanitation provision
- Unique challenges
- Sustainable sanitation
- Criterias of sustainable sanitation
- Overview about technical solutions (UDDTs, Biogas, Dewats etc. )
- Human waste as a resource
- Online forums, networks, furhrt information
Following the seminar, participants should have
- an overview of the various aspect of sanitation and its provision
- basic knowledge of the methods in sustainable project implementation
- an understanding of the impact of sanitation on the UN MDGs
Target audience: The ideal participants for this seminar are those already working in a development focused NGO and running projects in the field of sanitation in the developing world. The seminar can also benefit those interested in the topic and wanting to gain experience in the field of development and sanitation. Please note that the seminar will be conducted in German!