The two-day seminar gives an insight into the different aspects of hygiene measures and answers questions such as why washing hands with soap is the best and cheapest health care and why menstrual hygiene should be considered in projects. In addition to conveying an understanding of the various influencing factors of a desired hygiene behaviour, current hygiene approaches and methods will be presented on the basis of numerous case studies.
The course language is German.
- Importance of hygiene measures
- Special challenges
- Overview of the most important and effective hygiene practices
- Influencing factors of hygiene behaviour (FOAM)
- Overview: Hygiene approaches and methods (PHAST, Community Health Clubs, CLTS, WASH in Schools)
- Menstrual hygiene
- Hygiene education especially for children
- Hygiene promotion in humanitarian aid
- Further literature, online forums, networks
After the seminar, the participants should know the significance of hygiene measures, have an overview of the most diverse approaches to hygiene education and behavioural change and have an understanding of the challenges of hygiene software measures in the field of WASH.
The target group for this seminar are employees of development NGOs and those interested in implementing hygiene and sanitation projects in developing and emerging countries.
If you are interested in participating in a seminar or have questions about the content of the seminar, please do not hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +49 30 419343-44 / -45.
Supported by ENGAGEMENT GLOBAL with funds from the BMZ